Thursday, September 3, 2009

Chris Brown incident bringing attention to domestic violence






I got into an argument about the Chris Brown incident with a friend of mine last night. It was a friendly argument, of course. It was more like a disagreement, really. I had no idea Chris Brown was going to be on Larry King (Wednesday night) last night before our dispute.


Anyway, my friend was telling me how much of a monster Chris Brown was after what he'd done to then-girlfriend Rihanna (last February). During the Larry King interview, Brown admitted guilt and apologized for assaulting Rihanna (Robyn Fenty). He also said that he didn't remember hitting ole girl.

That's one of the things I told my friend last night. I was like, "He was drunk," I said. "Chris Brown had no idea what he was doing. Some people do unbelievable things when they drink too much." I also asked if everyone that made a mistake after being under the influenced should be crucified. Chris Brown wasn't the first, and unfortunately won't be the last person to physically abuse his or her significant other after losing control during a heated argument... while under the influence.

"I'm in shock, because, first of all, that's not who I am as a person, and that's not who I promise I want to be," Chris Brown told Larry King in an exclusive interview that aired Wednesday night. I just don't know what to think. I'm just like, wow. It's crazy to me."


I also said that I didn't condone what Chris Breezy did on that night in February. I don't agree with hitting females at all. Just walk away... I also don't want to say Chris Brown's career should be over because of his mistake.

Could've done more for his cause


I thought that Chris definitely could've said more to defend his side. I don't know if we wasn't allowed to talk about that night. But I do know that he repeatedly told Larry that he respected Rihanna's privacy, as well as his own, too much not to discuss that night at all.


According to a sworn statement by Los Angeles Police detective DeShon Andrews, the incident began when Rihanna found a text message on Brown's cell phone from "a woman who Brown had a previous sexual relationship with." The pair argued while in a sports car driven by Brown, the police statement said. It went on to describe the assault in great detail, saying Brown punched Rihanna -- identified in the statement as Robyn F. -- numerous times and put her in a head lock, restricting her breathing and causing her to start to lose consciousness.


Larry even asked Brown what caused him to threatento beat her and kill her. He also asked him about at least two other domestic violence incidents before the February attack for which Brown was sentenced. Breezy didn't want to talk about that either.

I just thought he could've made things a little better by telling more. He didn't have to discuss everything. Just something... beside apologies. I don't know. I just know that he made a mistake. He will probably never make that mistake again.


I'm just wondering if this would be as big of a deal if it were Rhi-Rhi from Michigan that got beat up that night, and not superstar Rihanna.



2 comments:

  1. First of all, no, if it was Rhi-Rhi from Michigan who was assaulted and nearly killed by her partner, it probably wouldn't be all over the news. That doesn't make it any less a tragedy, so I'm not really sure what your point is in bringing that up. Other than the mind-boggling lack of sensitive news coverage. And secondly, Chris Brown did not assault Rihanna because he was drunk. He made a choice to use power and control over her because he believed he had the right - think of it this way. If I build a little fire, and then pour alcohol on the fire, the fire gets bigger, right? Right. But if I just pour alcohol on the groun, does it start a fire by itself? Alcohol may escalate abuse, but IT IS NOT THE CAUSE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Help Raise awarness of domestic violence and order Nick Twisted Minds

    Nick Twisted Minds:

    Trapped in a world of abuse and cruelty. Tanya has to try to escape to save her and her son's life.

    *

    Reader Reviews

    Review [07.28.09]

    Source: A Publisher
    Date: 7/20/2008

    J. S. Huntlands highly creative style of writing and keen attention to detail could further enhance the appeal of this enlightening book.


    Review [07.28.09]

    Source: A Publisher
    Date: 7/15/2008

    The characters are developed and presented in a multi-dimensional fashion revealing the intricacies of their unique personalities and individual agendas. In addition, J. S. Huntlands effectively manages to avoid artificially padding the work with superfluous material and unnecessary characters thereby keeping the focus directed towards the primary storyline. Navigating the plot to a well conceived and logical conclusion.


    Review [07.28.09]

    Source: Reader from Italy
    Date: 3/3/2009

    It took me a couple of chapters or so to get hooked, but when i did it grabbed me until I finished the whole book. I am now looking forward to book number two. Nick, Dead or Alive coming out in 2009.


    Review [07.28.09]

    Source: Screenplay Agent
    Date: 5/7/2008

    A young woman falls in love with the man of her dreams only to discover he is not at all who he seems. Trapped in his world of abuse and cruelty, she finds herself in a fight for her very life.


    Review [07.28.09]

    Source: Poppy Reader
    Date: 1/20/2009


    Fantastic book. Easy to read with a gripping story. Loved the ending. I would strongly recommend this book to all


    Review [07.28.09]

    Source: Reader from UK
    Date: 1/17/2009

    I loved this book. It is emotional to the very end and keeps you guessing throughout. I can not wait for the next book to come out.


    Review [07.28.09]

    Source: Editor
    Date: 12/12/2008

    This book has it all. Romance, love, sex and violence. Once you start to read this book you will find it hard to put down


    Review [07.28.09]

    Source: Reader from New Zealand
    Date: 5/1/2009

    It is something like Danielle Steel would write!

    ReplyDelete